How To Submit Your Own Casings
Thank you for choosing SureShot Jewelry and our exclusive service we call “Your Casings, Our Designs”
Whether you just shot your first round as a new gun owner, landed your first deer, turkey or other wild game, won your first competition shoot, shoot with an unusual brand or special caliber, or have military funeral (21 gun salute) rifle casings, we are happy to utilize your casings in our exclusive SureShot designs. This is a special way to preserve the casings instead of them sitting in a drawer. In the case of military funerals, the casings are very sentimental and having them incorporated into jewelry is a thoughtful way to keep that person’s memory close at hand and a perfect gift idea.
To get started, just follow the steps below to submit your casings:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SHIP CASINGS TO US BEFORE YOU’VE SENT US AN EMAIL:
- Put in the “Subject” line: Customer Submitted Casing Request
- Include photos of the casing or casings that you want to send to us. Phone pics are perfect. We need one photo of the casing(s) laying down and one photo of the top of the headstamp(s). Make sure to take photos on a white/light background.* We also need the diameter across the top or headstamp portion of the casing in mm.
- We will respond with a confirmation. This only means we have seen your photos and the casings as presented in the photo or photos are the type of ammo that use in OUR DESIGNS. We are not versed in the firearms industry and are not firearms experts, so we ask for photos only to confirm that you are sending us a caliber that we use, hence the name, "Your Casings, OUR DESIGNS". See our Receiving Policy below for further details.**
- If you have an idea of what you want produced with your casings, you can detail that to us in the email as well. We will let you know if the design or designs will work with your particular casings.
- Next step is to package and ship the casings to us. We will give you the address for mailing in our email reply/confirmation above.
- Please wrap, box or package your casings so they are not able to move freely before enclosing them in a small gift box or other container. Do not tape the casings together. Use a rubber band or just wrap them snugly together in a small zip lock. DO NOT MAIL LOOSE CASINGS. It's important to know, when shipping sentimental items through the postal service that WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED, LOST, MISHANDLED CASINGS and we are not responsible for their condition overall. We suggest using a bubble mailer for shipping the box or package that contains the casings. These can be obtained right at your local Post Office for a small fee. If you want to send the packaged casing(s) in a box, you can do so as well.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO ENCLOSE A NOTE WITH YOUR FULL CONTACT INFORMATION, including your name, address, phone and email so we can match up the note to the email we have on file for you. Just the return address on your package is not sufficient. You can ship them via any method available by the USPS, but First Class Mail is all WE require. If you choose to ship by UPS or Fedex, that is fine too. Regardless of the carrier you choose to ship your casing(s), you are responsible for following any regulations by these carriers in shipping ammo. Again, see our "Receiving Policy" below regarding how we handle ammo submissions in any form. Final note, regardless of carrier you choose, It is also your option to purchase insurance.***
Mail your package to the address we convey to you in our email conversation.
We will contact you via email when we receive your package to let you know we have them in studio, discuss all of the options with you based on the casings you submitted and ultimately place the order at that time through our website. Only until the order is placed and payment completed will we put your casings into production. If you are wanting these by a certain date, or for the holiday season (our most popular time of year for this service), please plan accordingly. The cut off time for submitting casings during the holiday season will be announced via our social media pages on FB and Instagram @sureshotjewelry.
SPECIAL PROCESSING NOTE: We have a patented process we utilize to prepare the casings for jewelry applications that involves machinery, therefore we highly suggest, if possible, that customers submit a spare casing in the instance that a casing is damaged by the machinery during processing. This does not occur often, but can happen. Note, for this reason, and as a disclaimer, you are submitting these casings at your own risk and we are not liable for damage or loss. If you don't send an extra casing and one is damaged, we will contact you via email to let you know. Also note that any extra casings submitted will be shipped back to you with your completed order.
That’s all there is to it. If you have any other questions, just use the same email string to submit any questions or if you need information. Please don't start a new email. It only creates confusion and it's hard for us to match up your order and status with multiple emails. If you feel more comfortable having a phone call to discuss the service, we are happy to do this. Just email and let us know you prefer a phone call and provide us with a number and best times to reach you. Our studio hours are Monday thru Friday, 10-5.
Thank you for allowing us to make you something special and thank you again for choosing SureShot Jewelry.
*Note that each of our designs is made with specific casing diameters that use coordinating bezel sizes in diameters that only fit those particular casings. For this reason, casings are not interchangeable in all designs, meaning your choice of design will be highly dependent on the diameter of the casing(s) you are submitting to us.
**RECEIVING POLICY OF SURESHOT JEWELRY IN REGARD TO ANY AMMO MAILED TO US: Note that we cannot accept casings that have bullets in them, new/live ammo, or casings that have live primers. As per the USDOT (United States Dept of Transportation), small arms ammunition is categorized as explosive materials, and ammo that is designed to be fired from a pistol, revolver, rifle, or shotgun, as well as associated primers and blank cartridges and propellant powder for use in any firearm, IS PROHIBITED FROM MAILING. UNDER FEDERAL LAW, it is ILLEGAL to send these types of ammunition, domestically or internationally, via the US Mail. It poses a significant danger to Postal employees, equipment and customers, and you could be subject to civil penalties and criminal charges, if you send them through the USPS. If in the instance, we open a package shipped by a customer that contains live ammo, WE WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHIP IT BACK TO YOU AND WILL TURN IT OVER TO OUR RESOURCES THAT PICK UP ANY ACCIDENTAL LIVE AMMO WE MAY RECEIVE IN OUR STUDIO WHETHER IT IS RECEIVED FROM SOURCES WE USE TO PURCHASE OUR DEAD AMMO, OR CUSTOMER SUBMISSIONS. WE DO NOT KEEP LIVE AMMO IN OUR STUDIO AT ALL.
***SPECIAL NOTE: AGAIN, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CASINGS NOT RECEIVED, FOR CASINGS THAT WERE LOST ANYWHERE IN THE SHIPPING PROCESS, FOR CASINGS MISDELIVERED, STOLEN OR DAMAGED ANYWHERE IN SHIPPING. JUST THE SAME WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGE TO CASINGS DURING PROCESSING AS STATED ABOVE. AND YET AGAIN, IF RECEIVED INTO OUR STUDIO, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CASINGS RECEIVED THAT ARE LIVE. YOU ARE SUBMITTING YOUR CASINGS AT YOUR OWN RISK, WHICH INCLUDES ANY CONSEQUENCES OF SUBMITTING LIVE AMMO PER FEDERAL LAW AND/OR USDOT REGULATIONS AND/OR THE REGULATIONS OF THE CARRIER YOU CHOSE TO SEND SUCH AMMO.